We finished! 1,000 minutes of reading between June 1st and July 31st. I think I should earn a star (or temporary tattoo, free lemonade/ice cream) for reading...because obviously, I did most of it! The littles just used their ears for listening :) Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts helped read too, and so did dad. Ahren read some by himself, maybe 1/3 of the minutes. Not too bad for a soon to be first grader.
So, today we went to the library to turn our sticker sheets in. August 2. I was thinking we would have a week or so to turn in the sheets to be eligible for the prize drawings (Cards tickets, an e-Nook, other fun stuff), but no. Sheets were due ON the 31st to be eligible. Grrr. Should have read my packet of info more carefully. Would have been impossible to turn them in on the 31st because they had SIX stickers (20 minutes each) to earn that day and we didn't finish until 8pm! But they still got goodie bags full of tattoos, rulers, slinkies and bouncy balls.
The kids are thrilled with their goodie bags and I'm proud of them for sticking with it. Next year, we'll turn our sheets in on time!
No comments:
Post a Comment