Monday, August 22, 2011

The Kitchen

Last weekend I got the idea to paint my kitchen.  We've lived here 7 years now and I was ready for something new.  It was red, red.  I loved it.  But I was tired of it.  So, off to Home Depot we went.

See the multi-color square of glass tiles.  Thinking about it for a backsplash. 
The color I decided on is called Eminence.  Doesn't mean much does it?  It's a very pale blue.  It's very refreshing!  We also added handles and knobs to all the cabinets.  I didn't realize how much I was missing until we put them on - love them!

So much brighter! My wonderful husband helped me paint.  Afterwards I decided I wanted to do a backsplash.  The glass tile backsplash.  So, this weekend we bought the backsplash and set to work on Friday night.  The result?

Perfection!  I absolutely love my new brighter kitchen!    The curtains were found at a yard sale for $1/panel.  I hemmed them and love them!
And I love my husband for putting up with me and helping me with my projects when there are tons of other things he'd rather be doing :)  For taking our house that used to look like this:

and turning it into this:
So much has been done to this house to make it into our home!  Thank you, Tim!  

1 comment: