Yesterday was the first day of 1st grade for Ahren, and the first day of Kindergarten for Lydia. They both had awesome days! I made these little 'survival kits' for each of them and their teachers. I found them
here as a free download.
Ahren has been so excited about starting school. He is a typical first-born aiming to please and eager to learn. His teacher this year is Mrs. Eaton and he has many friends in his class from Kindergarten last year. Going to P.E. three times a week is this little boy's dream! Hopefully he will care that much about the rest of the subjects too :)
 |
| Ahren's reaction when he saw daddy at pick up! |
Lydia is going to half-day Kindergarten in Mr. Rowe's morning class. There are 12 girls in her class and only 4 boys. Little girl drama started on the first day with her report after school of inviting a friend for a play date who refused her because she has only one friend! Oh boy. My heart broke for her but I tried to reassure her that some kids don't realize they can have more than one friend and I encouraged her to invite her again. This morning I didn't have to wake Lydia for school which was a huge surprise and made for a very pleasant morning. She was ready to go!

 |
I took this picture through the window on the door on my way out of the building. She was listening like a good little student!
I'm praying for a wonderful year for both of them. Lydia is not making a big deal out of Kindergarten, but I know in her head it's a big deal (as evidenced by the lost sleep last week). She is not a very verbal little girl, but internalizes many of her feelings. I need to make sure I sit with her every day to ask particular questions and I really need to take her on that date she's been asking me about for a week! |
Ahren really didn't want to walk on the first day, he was so excited to get there. But we did and were still there in plenty of time!
Two kiddos in school! One in full day, one in half day...makes for tired kiddos and a well worn vehicle transporting them every 2 1/2 hours. At pick up for Lydia yesterday, Ahren was having recess. I was so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to see my boy during his first full day of school. He ran all the way across the playground to tell me thank you for the note I put in his lunch box :)
No comments:
Post a Comment