Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Date with Lydia

Last night I finally took Lydia on a date that she's been asking me about for 2 weeks.  It seems the days get so busy and when there is time for me to take her out, I'm exhausted...and so is she!  But last night we made it work.

She had a free cone coupon for Dairy Queen that she won when she won 1st place in the coloring contest at the library.  So, off to Dairy Queen we went.  We sat outside and chatted about Kindergarten and the friends in her class and how much she is going to love art and music.
She shared some of the cone with me, but only about 3 licks.  She ate the rest!!  Her Kindergarten teacher happened to be at Dairy Queen the same time we were.  Mr. Rowe is so great with the kids - she was surprised to see him...very out of context for her :)

I wish I had made the time to go out with each of the kids more often.  We were only gone for about 45 minutes, but it was so great to have uninterrupted time with her.

1 comment:

  1. I can always watch whomever is left while you go out on one-kid dates. :)

    ReplyDelete