Our 3rd annual Mother's Day Tea Party was today. A time for me and the girls to visit and have brunch with their 2 grandmas and 2 great-grandmas. I made cherry almond biscotti for the first time. We also had fruit and sausage/cream cheese biscuits.
This has become a much anticipated even in our house with the girls choosing their dresses weeks in advance. They even had me practice rolling their hair with pink sponge rollers to make sure they got the 'right' look!
I think their look is perfect, don't you?
The girls with "Maw Maw" (my mom).
The girls with "Little Great Gra" (Tim's grandma)
I didn't get any pictures with Gra and Big Great Gra. After the party got started, my camera was kind of ignored. Lesson learned: if you want your picture with the girls, come early :)
We always have a craft at the end of brunch. This year it was hand-stamped jewelry. Their boxes looked so cute, I used them as place cards at their place at the table.
The girls got some jewelry as well, but it was more their style...strings and beads.
Lydia's necklace.
This was the necklace that Little Great Gra made. I think they turned out really sweet. Everyone chose what initials to put on the disks. Big Great Gra chose her three daughter's initials, while everyone else chose the 4 grand/great grandkids. Some used both initials of the kids, and some only the first.
Here's Gra's necklace.
This is such a treat for me. To enjoy the company of my mother, mother in law and grandmothers in law. Women that love me no matter what and who love my girls without end.
To see last year's Tea Party, click HERE. I hope this tradition lasts for years and years!










I love this idea! What a tremendous blessing that you live in the same area as BOTH sides of the family...
ReplyDelete