Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

Last year I got the idea to host a Mother's Day Tea Party for my mom, mother-in-law, and Tim's two grandma's. Including myself and my three girls, there are eight of us. My girls think this is big fun and it's a good excuse for us all to get together. We have brunch and I get to use my china! I made a sausage and egg casserole, a fruit salad and some yummy little cakes. We get dressed up and dote on the little girls who are bouncing off the walls from excitement, sugar and caffeine in their tea! We do a project together, too. Last year we decorated flower pots and then they each received an african violet to go in it. This year we did jigsaw puzzles. I took a picture of the kids on Easter and had it made into a puzzle. It was hard! 110 little pieces! Here's what the picture looked like:



There is a lot of pink in this picture! I think all the grandmas had a good time. I know I did and the little girls did too. I'm so thankful for each of them. They are all an important piece of the puzzle of my life.

Here are some pics of the event :



No tea for Maria - she chose ribbon instead :)



"Gra", Lydia and Annie



"Maw Maw", "Little Great Gra", and Maria



"Big Great Gra" is in this picture.



Two of my beauty queens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment