I took my kids swimming the other night at great-grandma's house. She lives in a condo that has a nice pool. It's free and I have built-in help with the kids! I would never take all 4 of them to a pool by myself - that sounds like a suicide mission to me :) They LOVED it! Maria leaned back against my legs, sucked her thumb and couldn't stop kicking her legs! Ahren thought he was diving because he jumped in feet first. Lydia thought she was swimming because she got her belly wet, and Annie took a long time to warm up to the idea that she had to wear her suit. She kept trying to take it off. I think she thought the pool was a big bathtub! I really need to sign them up for lessons - anyone know a good, cheap place for lessons?
They were asking me at 7:30 the next morning if we could go swimming again. Here's the problem...I don't have a suit that fits...ugh! I've gone shopping and have bought 3 different suits. On a side note, have you ever tried on bathing suits with a 2-year old and a 10 month old in the dressing room? Not fun. I now have 3 suits to return and need to continue shopping. Nothing fits right, I hate how they look, I'm still nursing Maria right now, but will not be later this summer...thus, nothing fits right! But, I loved how much my kids want to be in the water and the sun, so I will keep looking and hoping for a great suit - I'll even settle for a good one as long as it fits :)
I've always had the best luck with Lands End suits. You can try them on at Sears. The tankinis are nice because you can buy different sizes for top and bottom and they are full coverage. A little more expensive, but worth it to find a suit that looks good!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with the Lands End suit comment. They are great! I also feel your pain as I am in the same boat. Glad your kids seem to love the water!
ReplyDelete