I bought a dozen eggs for 99cents. I just couldn't bare to use the eggs my chickens worked so hard for to make dyed eggs. I used Kool-Aid this year as a dye. An idea I found online. It worked great as a dye.
![]() |
| Love the bright colors that Strawberry and Lime make. |
![]() |
| Grape and blueberry mixed together is not that pretty... I didn't hard-boil these eggs because I used them to make cupcakes in. I found the idea HERE. I'm not sure why you're supposed to hard-boil them anyway except to make them more durable. I used the end of a meat thermometer to poke a small hole in the end and then emptied out the egg. Then I poured the homemade cake batter into the hold. Here they are before baking: During one of the steps of preparing the shells you have to soak them in salt water. This washed most of the egg dye off. Now they're just pastel color instead of bright and bold. Oh well! After baking: Light and fluffy lemon sour cream cake!We're having a Maundy Thursday dinner tonight at home with these for dessert. I don't think Jesus had Egg cupcakes with his disciples at the Last Supper, but we will :) |






I'm quite impressed!
ReplyDeleteYou have me WAY beat in the Easter department! I was just glad I even remembered to buy the dye! LOVE the kool aid idea and those cakes are so cool. Hmmmm, next Easter?
ReplyDelete