Monday, April 4, 2011

Anthony Robles

I've debated whether to blog about this or not.  I don't think Ahren was being disrespectful or hateful when he said this.  So here goes...

While eating a snack of Teddy Grahams today, Ahren looks at me and says, "Hey mom, look, it's Anthony Robles."  The Teddy Graham only had one leg.  I smiled and thought, "how clever he is and how does he remember things like this?".

You see, Anthony Robles was a hero in our house in March.  You can see a picture of him HERE.  He was born with one leg and won the National Wrestling Championship at 125lbs for Arizona State and completed a perfect season.  Such an inspiration for all wrestlers and non-wrestlers alike.

Anthony made a positive impression on Ahren.  Never give up, you can do anything, God has a purpose, life can be hard.  I'm glad Ahren is remembering Anthony and his accomplishments.  Even though God made Anthony a little different, his life is touching others; including my son.

1 comment:

  1. Love this - we've talked about that guy in our house, too! Very cool. Quite unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete