We had told Ahren before the performance that if he started feeling sick, he should just walk off the risers. Don't make a big scene, just walk down and find us. About 3/4 way through I saw his face start to pucker up. He was frowning and looked very uncomfortable like he was going to cry. I caught his eye and motioned for him to come down. He told me to thought he had to throw up. We raced to the bathroom where nothing happened except more crying. He then wanted to return to the risers to finish the singing, but they were already on the last song. So, I practically pulled my crying Kindergartener to the car where I believe he was mad at me for making him leave. However, it didn't last long and he was almost asleep before his head hit the pillow.
I felt so heart sick for him. He really worked hard at practicing for this performance and was so proud to perform. His speaking lines were done with such a loud clear voice and I was so proud of him! It was sad that we had to leave in the middle.
He stayed home on Friday to recover and in hopes not to spread any more germs. I'm happy to say he's feeling better now. While we may not remember the songs that were sung at the musical, we will certainly remember the musical where he walked off stage for fear of vomiting on his friends!
| Ahren chewing on his fingers (a new, bothersome habit) |
| More finger chewing |
| A small smile |
I love you Ahren and am so proud of the work you did to prepare for this performance. I love that you take pride in everything you do and that you enjoy everything you do to the fullest!
So sweet! At least Ahren isn't picking his nose like the little boy on his left! Kids are too funny... and it's great when we 'accidentally' capture them in the act :)
ReplyDeleteI miss those musicals... except back in the day, we didn't have that new gym or air conditioning, and ours were in May... :) The song is adorable. Invite me next year!
ReplyDelete