Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Reading

This is the first year we've signed up for the summer reading program at the local library.  I'm not sure why since you can sign 2 year olds up, but it just never occurred to me until I had a reader.  And boy, do I have a reader!  The first day Ahren earned 4 stickers...that's 80 minutes of reading!  It counts when he reads or is read to, or best of all is when he reads to his sisters and they get stickers too!
This is Ahren's sticker chart.  Lydia and Annie have one too. When they read for 20 minutes, they earn a sticker.  When they have 25 stickers they get prizes and when they get 50 stickers, there are more prizes.

It's kind of refreshing to me that they are earning stickers and it doesn't feel like we're really scheduling more reading time into our schedule.  Maybe we actually have our noses in the books more than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment