At times, I feel like Maria is neglected. She's the fourth and there are so many other needs to be met that she constantly tries to get my attention by being...for lack of a better word...a terrorist. That word picture is descriptive enough...is it not?
But today, she surprised me by counting - unprompted - all the way to NINE! I honestly don't remember when my other kids starting counting, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't before they were 2! Maria will be 2 next month. I was wearing a shirt with little flowers on it and she just started counting - clear as a bell!
So, they do learn by observation and indirect teaching. Whew - what a relief! Now I can concentrate on more pressing issues like why we don't pick our nose in public or why my son should hold the door for his mother and not protest about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment