Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Score One!

Score One for Lydia!  My firstborn daughter who from the time she was in the womb has been very laid back.  Not breathing when first born and spending 10 days in the NICU has carried over in her life as being a very s.l.o.w. child.  Not slow in mind, quite the opposite actually.  But, slow in moving her body.  She's quite satisfied with status quo and doesn't push herself in competition or any area of life, really.  She's my t.v. watcher, but also a deep thinker as was observed in THIS POST.

All this to say, today when she wanted to learn how to tie her shoes, I obliged!  I was in the middle of doing something else, but instead of saying 'no', I was a 'yes' mom in this moment (score a small one for mom!)

She put both shoes on and I showed her one one shoe while she did the other.  I showed her once and she had it!  She is still practicing and needs some directing, but she's got it!

Yay, Lydia!  So proud of her for taking the initiative and becoming one step closer to being independent!

No comments:

Post a Comment