Sunday, June 5, 2011

Awesome Dinner

Tonight's dinner was not the norm.  We spent the afternoon at my parent's house celebrating my mother's birthday with my brothers and their families.  17 of us in all (9 kids) sharing a small space and loving each other well.  We left with 4 tired and hot kids.  They love their cousins like no one else and had a blast playing football and hide and seek in the hot sun.  Ahren started complaining of a headache as soon as we got in the car and we were stopping the car for him to vomit about 5 miles into the trip.  He instantly fell asleep and we later stopped at Wal-Mart for a few items.  As I came out of the store, there he was, at the side of the car ready to vomit again.  My poor son.  Suffering these migraines like an adult and catching his own vomit so it doesn't get on his sisters.  This makes my heart break like nothing else.

Needless to say, when we got home I was not in the mood to cook.  So, we brought out the leftover pizza.  Ahren slept on the couch while Tim and I ate with the girls.  We were chatting with the girls about nothing in particular when Lydia comes up with this question: "Will we be alive in heaven?"  Ok, she has something on her mind.  My answer was 'yes'.  The conversation proceeded to get even deeper with us talking about sin and how we can't be friends with God without Jesus and what Jesus did on the cross for us so we can be friends with God.  Wow, this girls understands.  I asked her if she ever prayed to ask Jesus to live in her heart and her answer without hesitation was "YES!"  She even remembered the night it happened and what she said in her prayer.  I am amazed at the work God can do in a young heart.  I myself was only 5 when I made a profession of faith and remember it like yesterday.

The angels are partying because Lydia is a Beloved.  All her life we've trusted God to draw her to Himself and we've prayed that it would come at an early age.  He is faithful to answer prayer and show Himself mighty!

Praise be to Him!

1 comment:

  1. We're praising Him now too; thanks for sharing sis! We'll be praying for Ahren... love u guys!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete