Tonight is the first night of a long season. Hunting season and then immediately wrestling season. I told Tim I'd see him in March...and I'm only partly kidding.
To make matters more complicated, the kids didn't have school today. So, it was just us for the better part of the day. There was a little reprieve while I attended bible study and a friend watched the girls and grandpa took Ahren. So, the five of us grocery shopped together, did dinner, did Awana verses together, brushed teeth, did pj's, stories, prayers and kisses. Whew! Only 6 more months until daddy is home again to help with the littles!
The evening went pretty well, actually. Dinner was eaten while I talked with a British accent that kept the kids laughing and begging for the 'mommy' voice.
Then I realized I have three kids in Awana doing three different books, learning several different verses at the same time. I knew it was time for intentional time and routine. So, I turned on a cartoon for the kids and one at a time took them into the other room and worked through their stories and verses. This worked great as it kept Maria occupied and not climbing all over us while we tried to memorize and concentrate. I think this routine will stick if the kids are to learn their stuff!
Here's to making the best of the time I have with them...a lot of alone time for the next few months!! The womenfolk will be at home while the menfolk do some hunting and scouting:

When Steve hits his current rotation of fire house and night classes I can see the value of a sister wife.
ReplyDelete