Last week we went to the Annual Balloon Glow for the first time. I think the rest of the state was there too. It was very crowded. We picnicked with Gra and Pa and friends, Hank and Vickie. Then we had two hours before the balloons started to inflate. So we searched for a good spot to watch from and then we people watched. Ahren played catch with Pa between innocent pedestrians. We saw some long lost friends and enjoyed being outside in the great weather. Then the balloons finally began to inflate.
 |
| Gra and Maria. Can you tell it's past Maria's bedtime? |
 |
| Pa and Lydia |
 |
| Ahren wasn't thrilled that I made him stop eating to have a picture together. |
We ventured underneath the balloons once they were inflated, but the kids were pretty freaked out by the fire. Then we saw a balloon break its tether on a van and started to fly away...pretty fast. The man in the basket yelled 'weight on, weight on' and several people chased it and got it back safely. That was pretty exciting!
I'm not sure if we'll go back next year, but I'm glad we went this year. Thanks for a fun night, Gra and Pa and Hank and Vickie!
No comments:
Post a Comment