Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 52: #1 & #2

#1 - Make bookmarks to donate to the library

Project 52 is off to a slow start, but a good one.  Each week this year we're striving to do something other-centered with our friends, The Allen's.  Last week, Jodie had some sick kids so we couldn't do our original plan to visit an elderly friend.  Instead we got together and had the kids make bookmarks to donate to the library.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the final product.  But, can I say how much fun it was to be together and work together?  The kids used stickers, crayons, ribbon and markers to decorate about 40 bookmarks.   See Jodie wiping Parker's nose in that bottom picture?  Since the kids weren't feeling good enough to get out, we waited until this week to deliver them.

#2 - Deliver bookmarks and books to the Library

Jodie took the bookmarks to the Kirkwood library.  Check her blog for pics and details Jodified.

I took the kids to the Webster Groves library to donate some books.

Our library has relocated during renovation (hence the temporary sign).
The kids on a mission!
The nice librarian who took our books.
The kids were excited to be at the library, but not really sure they understood what we were doing.  Although, maybe they did since they asked if they could keep some books out of the donation stack!

Project #3 to be determined, but I'm excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment