When I got married I inherited two new grandmas. 'Big Grandma' and 'Little Grandma', or as my kids call them 'Big Great Gra' and 'Little Great Gra'. If you were to look at them side by side you would understand where the nicknames came from. They are both so special to me and treat me like their own granddaughter. I love having them in my life! I've posted pics of Litte Gma before but realized last week when having lunch with Big Gma that I've never written about her. While she was here for lunch Annie decided to 'style' her...with pretend fingernail polish, pretend makeup and a hairdryer and brush.
 |
| Notice the hot pink hair clip in her hair?? |
A prayer warrior and a great sport, Big Grandma adds so much to our life. After I had Maria she did my laundry for me every week for about 3 months! She would come pick it up, wash and fold it, then deliver it. That was such a gift (and the clothes smelled so good!) Maria was born on her 80th birthday and was named after likeness (her name is Mary Ann). She is a wonderful cook and is always willing to share her recipes with me. When she visits us for lunch she usually brings pizza or some other fun treat for the kids...and Yoplait yogurt!
We love Big Grandma and are so thankful for her and what she brings to our lives!
I've had the pleasure of sharing a few meals with Tim and his Big Grandma. What a lovable lady! Great pics.
ReplyDelete