I listen to the radio station
JOY FM and love having the music in my house all day long. I love that they read scripture on the air and challenge listeners to seek God more. The other morning as I was listening in the car, they were reading from the Message. This is what they posted on Facebook about the scripture they were reading:
"People who don't know God and the way He works, fuss over things. But you know God and how He works. So don't worry..... Give your entire attention to what God is doing now...God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:30-34.
I think of my children when they have a need. They don't worry about whether or not I will meet their need. If they need clean clothes, I handle it. If they need more milk, I get it. If they need comforted in the middle of the night, Tim handles it (just kidding...sort of!) Bottom line, my kids trust me to fill their needs. As their mother, I never question whether I should provide for them. It's never a matter of will I change Maria's diaper today or make lunch for Annie. I don't feed Ahren PB anymore, because he needs to be peanut free. I help Lydia get dressed because sometimes she needs help. I am their mother and it's my job to meet their needs. It's what I do.
God is my Father, and He will meet my needs. I don't have to worry about it - because He doesn't. He is a Father and it's His nature to provide and protect.
Lesson learned from listening to the radio.
No comments:
Post a Comment