Sunday, February 20, 2011

Project 52

Continuing with the theme of being other-centered, my family is tackling "Project 52" with our friends, The Allen's. Jodie invited us to join in the project of bringing smiles to other people and I'm so glad she did!


































Can you tell that's a '5',' 2', and an exclamation point?  Look closely...(I'm glad Jodie is more creative than me!!)

The idea is to do a project each week for a year to bring joy and a smile to someone else.  Some ideas include taking a meal to someone in need, taping coins to a parking meter for someone else to use, sending candy and art projects to soldiers overseas.  The ideas are endless!  All in the name of showing love...and making smiles.  Check out these smiles...





They are contagious and I'm so excited about teaching the kids to think of others.  Along the way I hope to teach them more about sympathy, empathy, kindness, respect, patience.  The fruit of the spirit - using what has been given to us by the Holy Spirit and sharing it with others.

If you have any ideas for us or connections for where we could serve, please let me know!  And, think about creating your own Project 52 to spread smiles to your part of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment