Friday, February 18, 2011

It Starts With Us



I found out about this site from my super creative and generous friend, Jodie from Fresh Art Photography.  She loves to do good for the benefit of others and to see other people live a better life.  And, if she can do anything to help others reach a better life I believe she would do it in a heartbeat!  Hence, she blogged about It Starts With Us

Basically, this group sends out an email each week with a mission.  Nate (the founder) calls them  a gentle reminder to keep our eyes open to the good we can do as we walk through this life.  There is no pressure to complete the mission, just an idea to be other-centered. 

The mission this week is:  Find someone who’s in a place that you once were, and do something to help them out.


The reason I think this is going to be so good for me is that it will force me to be more other-centered.  Instead of always looking inside these four walls at 224 E Glendale, I will be reminded to recognize that my reach goes further.  And it will help me as I teach the kids to be other-centered as well.  It's too easy to think about ourselves!!


I'll end with this verse:
"Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others". Phil 2:4

I think this idea fully takes this verse and applies it to daily life.


1 comment:

  1. oh you're so sweet! i have good intentions but my follow through can be terrible which is why i'm SO glad we're working together on our project 52!!! Can't wait until next week!

    ReplyDelete