Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dad turns 60

My dad's birthday is Tuesday, March 1.  This year he turns 60!  No one believes that he is sixty, because he doesn't look it and he doesn't act it.  We had a surprise party for him on Saturday.  I thought he was suspicious of the whole arrangement, but it turns out he didn't have a clue.  We told him we were getting together to celebrate my and my brother's bday at my house.  He's so smart and I just knew he knew our plans, but we kept trying to throw him off track and it worked!  I love surprising people.  About 35 of our family showed up to honor him.  We asked people to bring sixty of something small and practical for a gift.  He received tea bags, pennies, half-dollars, popsicles, chocolates and magazines.  It was a great time to be together and honor my dad.  He deserves it!

 The cake made by my talented and generous cousin, Erin Rudloff.  Love the little camper roasting marshmallows!
 My dad also loves smiley faces :)
My new nephew Ethan
 My mom rewrote the song "Sixteen Candles" to "Sixty Candles" and we put the verse on candles as favors for the guests.
 Doesn't Ethan look like Yoda here???
Happy Birthday, Dad!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment