What do you notice about people when you first meet them?
One of the first things I notice about people is their hands. I don't know why, exactly. But, I do know that looking at someone's hands can tell you a lot about them. My husband for instance - you can always tell when he's been working in the garden. Or my brother and father-in-law - you can tell they are carpenters because of the calluses and the sometimes bruised fingers. Piano players tend to have long, skinny fingers. You can tell someone's age or marital status.
I remember holding my firstborn's hands when he was an infant and praying for God to use his hands to glorify himself. Who knows what Ahren's hands will find to do as he gets older, but now he is using them to write and create and play video games (when I let him!). Maria is using hers to learn how to handle the silverware. Lydia loves to use hers to color and draw and Annie likes to use hers to gesture while she talks.
This is one of my favorite pics of Ahren's hands:
Guess what he's been doing?
One other thought:
If you ever wonder how much you are loved - just look at Jesus' Hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment