Friday, January 14, 2011

Control

Out of control is how I feel.  I believe this is something the Lord is teaching me this new year.  I have nothing to do with how the world goes 'round, or how the seasons change or even how to keep my family healthy.  This week of sickness in my house has brought this to the forefront.  First, Ahren got sick.  I thought it was another typical migraine, but when he woke the next morning after being in bed since noon and had fever, I knew it was more than a migraine.  Although he did have one - a bad one where he vomited 5x including the dr's office waiting room - I think the sickness brought the migraine on.  Some sort of virus that he's still working on kicking.  So much for perfect attendance in Kindergarten!

Enter Lydia.  She woke last night at 10pm with a croupy cough.  She's had croup several times before, but this one is a little worse than normal.  She was awake every 2 hours like clockwork to go outside and breathe the night air (the best treatment for croup).  I did take her to the dr. this morning because she was running fever and they prescribed a steroid pack.  She should be feeling better by this evening, but she's still struggling.  It sounds like she's been possessed by a seal when she coughs.

Maria and Annie have both had fevers on and off for the past few days with no other symptoms other than orneriness. Tim and I are fighting colds, but we're still standing.  I'm so thankful he took today off to help!!!  I can't imagine how this day would have gone without him being home...or without juice, Mt. Dew (for me), the TV and a huge helping of Grace!!

Apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 Words of Jesus.  Literally, apart from Him I can do n.o.t.h.i.n.g.

As I struggle with wanting to control my circumstances and every detail of my life, I pray this lesson will be imprinted more clearly on my heart.

What is the Lord teaching you this year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! What can I do? Can I bring you dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you are so sweet. This morning things are looking better. No fever in the house and only occasional coughing...and everyone slept through the night!!! Thank you for caring :)

    ReplyDelete