I'm learning lately, as the kids are becoming older, that I really am enjoying them as people. They are funny and engaging, have personalities all their own, and have their own independent thoughts and processes. For the most part we are still very concrete here at the house, but Ahren especially is learning to make jokes from things he sees around him.
This morning Maria had a fever and we stayed home from church to spend some extra time together. We went upstairs to read stories, have a foosball tournament, play with tops, move stuffed animals around and the like. I was playing foosball with Ahren we he calmly announced that he will be going to the eye doctor soon.
I was unaware what brought this about so we started talking about it.
Ahren- "The Dr. said, I'll see you when you are 6"
Me- " Why do you need to go to the Dr."
Ahren- "a checkup I guess"
Me- "why were you at the Dr. last time?"
Ahren-"I don't know"
Me- "do you have trouble seeing?"
Ahren-" do you see glasses on my face?"
He's a funny dude-- I'll play foosball with him anytime!
No comments:
Post a Comment