Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do - it always has been. My college roommates used to make fun of me for it, but I'm over it. I can't help it - I like it! Not a great thing to like if you have small children. Luckily, my husband helps out with the nightime missing lovies, bad dreams, needing a drink or just an extra song. Thank you honey!
I've started a bad habit with Annie...laying down with her for naptime. She had gotten to the point that she wouldn't stay in her bed and hence, wouldn't nap. This made everyone's life miserable by about 4:00pm. So, while Maria is napping, I stick a movie on for the older two for their rest time and Annie and I go for her nap. It only takes about 15-20 minutes and she is out like a light. I love watching her fall asleep. I have to have my hand on her back or belly, depending on which way she is facing. Then she sucks her thumb and wads her lambie(s) up under her chin. Then her eyelids slowly close. Last is her big sigh that lets me know she is really asleep. So precious to watch. No napping for me at this point - there is too much to do. But, I am so grateful for these few minutes that let me rest and watch my little one drift off to dreamyland. I'm kind of jealous of her :)
No comments:
Post a Comment