All little kids have habits - some annoying, some adorable. My kids are no exception.
Ahren is a typical firstborn. Likes to do things right the first time and if he can't do it right, he doesn't want any part of it. He's a people pleaser and has a very tender heart. However, he has a tendency to be a pack rat. He keeps EVERYTHING! Gum wrappers, every little token or art project from school - even the subscription cards that are in magazines. You know the ones that everyone else tears out because it's in the way of your pages folding neatly. He saves them and thumbtacks them to his wall. I believe he has hoarder tendencies...yikes! Ahren says he wants to be a football and wrestling coach like his dad when he grows up - I think he would be good at it :)
Lydia is something special. Her heart is good, but her actions are challenging on a day to day basis. She is very bright and is able to use her intelligence to manipulate her brother and sisters...even her parents on somedays. Stupid curse from Eve - women who want to control their surroundings! No woman is exempt - it even shows up in us as little girls. Anyway, the other day Lydia told me when she grew up she wanted to be a baker. I think it fits her nicely. She LOVES sweets! And she is happier when she has a little sugar in her system. I'd be so happy to turn my kitchen over to her someday and she can make me as many chocolate chip cookies as her heart desires!!
Annie is 3. That explains a whole lot. She is so sweet and compassionate to those around her who seem to be sad or hurt. She likes to talk, no she LOVES to talk and she does so LOUDLY. You always know when Annie is around - which most of the time is a joy. I think when she grows up she will be a teacher. Because she likes to talk so much and isn't afraid to repeart herself again and again and again. Yes, she would be a great teacher.
Maria is still young to pin a career on her...but something she loves to do is dig through the trash. My utensil drawer is right next to the trash can and I find her emptying things out of the drawer straight into the trash. I was convinced she tossed my can-opener the other day, but I finally found it in the very back of the drawer. What is the fasciation with trash? She eats mac and cheese noodles that have been thrown away right after she gets down from the high chair. I don't get it - maybe she will be a trash lady...or a dumpster diver. I should start praying sooner rather than later for this girl :)
I love watching their personalities develop - each one is so unique. My challenge is to treat them as individuals and not compare them to each other. It's easy to make them all do the same thing at the same time and expect each of them to reach milestones at the same age as their older sibling. Just doesn't happen that way - it's fun to think of them growing up and what they will become as I strive to 'train them in the way they should go.' Prov. 22:6
Sounds like you need to let Maria loose on Ahren's "collection". I love speculating about what my kids will be when they grow up.
ReplyDelete