Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

To my husband: I am thankful for your tireless work ethic that provides for our family.  For your enthusiasm in every activity you do (even hunting) and for your love that makes me feel like a queen.

To my firstborn: I am thankful for the way you make me smile because you remember every tiny detail of your short life.  I am thankful for the way you love your sisters.  You inherited your dad's enthusiasm for sports and for that I am thankful because your dad has someone to cheer with!

To my Lydia: I am thankful for your heart - the way it has grown in cheerfulness and gratefulness this past year.  It is a beautiful thing to watch grow and develop.  I am thankful that you have made me search the heart of God more deliberately.

To my Annie: I am thankful for your bouncing cheerfulness that greets me at 6:30 every morning.  For the way that you make everyone in the family smile just because you're cute.  I am thankful for your cooperative spirit that makes this family easier on tough days.

To my Maria: I am thankful for you because you're still wearing diapers.  Sounds weird, I know, but diapers means you're still a 'baby'.  Even though you're growing so fast and learning so many new things each day you're still dependent on me: to change you, to feed you, to put you to bed, to take care of you.  I am thankful that I still have a baby. You are a joy.

To my Heavenly Father: I am thankful that you sent Jesus, that He made access to You possible.  I am thankful that I don't have to travel somewhere to reach You or be with You.  Jesus made it possible to have direct access to You - thank You for living in our hearts and not on some high mountain top in the middle east.

No comments:

Post a Comment