Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kids say

funny stuff!

Yesterday in the van, Annie was recounting the motorcycle accident we saw a month ago.  She still talks about it everytime we get on the highway and wants to pray for the man.  So, she prayed for him.  Then she said it was my turn, so I prayed.  Then she instructed Ahren that it was his turn - he humored her and said a prayer.  Then she told Lydia it was her turn.  Lydia's response: I don't want to pray (said in a very loud and gruff voice).  Annie, our spiritual director!

Tonight while Lydia was trying to wash her hands in the bathroom with the door closed, Annie was trying to get in.  When we told her to leave Lydia alone, she shouted through the key hole: "Lydia, do you really love your family?"  Lydia replied: "yes, now don't talk to me!"

Being close to other people in one house, sharing and eating and living together is what makes a family, family.  It's hard sometimes, but I'm loving these moments with the kids as they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment