Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Great Switcheroo

This past weekend we shipped all four kids away to the grandparents (two to each set of gparents) and Tim and I moved furniture, painted the bedrooms, decorated and cleaned.  And boy did I clean!  Got a whole trash bag of stuff to throw away just from Ahren's side of the room...I'm worried we may have a hoarder on our hands...or at least a pack rat!  We tried to keep it a secret for the kids, but it just came out - they knew they were getting new rooms when they got home.  They just didn't know what the rooms were going to look like.

We moved Annie from her own room to share a room with Lydia and they got our old bedroom.  Ahren and Maria stayed in the same room and we made Annie's old room the girls' dressing room with all the dressers and clothes.

Here is the before of Ahren and Maria's room (Lydia used to share this room too):




Notice all the posters tacked everywhere and the plywood that is covering the old window that had to come out when we added the barn?



I made a bulletin board for Ahren so he could put all of his posters in the same place and it covered the window!  I used racecar fabric it turned out great!  Here's a closeup of the fabric:
He loves it :)
Football decals that are removable - he's already been moving them around, much to my dismay...oh well.
Still have to make a little valance to cover the rest of the plywood window...



Maria's bed didn't move, but we did have to lower it since she's getting so tall now :)

Annie and Lydia's room was really fun for me to decorate.  I really wanted to get them matching bedspreads, but I bought Lydia's for her bday in March and couldn't find a matching one.  So, I just got a coordinating one and I think it looks great.

Before with new curtains already hung:

After:






A perfect nook for their dollhouse :)


I made a bulletin board for their room too.  Actually, Tim made it - I just had the vision for it.

It's green fabric with ribbons they can use to hold their pictures and drawings.  No pushpins needed!  What do you think?  I was really happy with how it turned out - except for the glue spot that soaked through right in the middle. 


I recorded their reactions when they saw their rooms for the first time.  But that's for another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment