One of my projects has been curtains and pillows for the new toyroom. Tim and I went to a Cardinals game about a month ago and it was promotional giveaway day. We received banners with pictures of all the starters for 2010. It's a neat piece of fabric, but my first thought was...curtains!! But they needed some adjustments. So, I sewed a piece of white fabric to the back of the nylon piece and hemmed them a little bit. Wanna see?
I love them!
Lou Ann also had some cotton Cardinal fabric which apparently you can't find anymore. You can only find Cardinal fleece. So, she let me use the fabric to make my pillows. I bought baseball fabric for the ruffle.
My model is pretty cute too, don't you think?
So, after all my (and Lou's) hard work, I thought these were blog worthy! Now, I have three more pillows to make for the sofa in the toy room and a bunch of projects rolling around in my head. I think I'm learning a bit each week and becoming more comfortable around the sewing machine. And now we have a Cardinals themed toy room...too bad they won't make the play offs this year - oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment