Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Thoughts

I had high hopes for this summer.  I had a whole list of things I wanted to accomplish.  Unfortunately, not much on my list got crossed off.

I wanted to teach Ahren to read, teach him to tie his shoes, make weekly trips to the library and swim a lot.  Didn't do those.  What we did do was spend a lot of time at home working on the addition (Tim worked, I worked at keeping the kids out of the way). And while I'm thrilled that the addition is almost finished, I'm a little sad that almost the whole summer has gone by and I didn't once pick up Ahren's shoes to show him how to tie.  We did work on reading a little, but he was much more interested in going outside to play.  I have two more weeks until summer is over/school starts.

But, there is one event that stands out from the summer.  Scoops of Fun!  Our friend Matt Fagin, got tickets for our family and some of our friends' families.  It was an awesome event to support Cardinal Glennon Hospital.  The kids had free reign of the Magic House and all the ice cream they could eat.  There were no lines for any of the exhibits and the adults actually got to visit with each other while the kids entertained each other.  There was face painting, a man on stilts, a caricature artist, a magician, and did I mention all the ice cream you could eat?  We were there the whole 3 hours it was open.  We bought raffle tickets, but didn't win.  Not winning was ok with Ahren, because he was upset with Tim for putting the raffle tickets in the women's basket instead of the kid's basket :)

Here is Lydia with her face paint.  We also got a caricature of each kid and hung them in the new toy room.  I love caricatures and was so excited to have them done for free!!

So, thanks Matt for the tickets to Scoops of Fun!  It was a highlight of my nothing-got-done-on-my-list kind of summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment