One of the joys of this summer (and last summer, too) is our friend, Holly. She is a student at WCA where Tim teaches and will be a sophomore this year. For some reason she loves my kids and comes over to be with them for 3 hour blocks at least once a week. And, my kids love her! All of them take to her and would choose her over me most days, I do believe. It's so refreshing to see other people love on your kids and Holly does it so well. We consider her a part of our family now. She comes to the kid's birthday parties and even went out to dinner with us the other night. She carries Annie everywhere because Annie loves to be carried - all the time. It was easier last summer when she was not as big, but, Holly still obliges her :) They play outside on the swings, they play soccer, they read books, they color, they play hide and seek, they run races, they do whatever the kids feeling like doing for the most part. They play. And my kids love it. And I love it. It's a break in my day where I get to blog or check email or do dishes, laundry, or occasionally read a magazine.
Holly was gone most of the month of July this summer and my kids kept asking when she would be back. She sent them postcards from Europe (Ahren is still waiting for his from Vienna - slow mail, I guess).
Bottom line is - we love Holly. She will forever be a part of our lives (I hope and pray) and makes such a difference in the dailyness of our summer! So, thank you Holly! I wish school didn't start next week - we will all miss you :)
And what a blessing your family is to Holly, I am sure. She will probably forever look back on your family as an influential piece during this stage of her life. You are an example of true community to us all.
ReplyDeleteHolly is 100% awesome.
ReplyDelete