Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4 more months

One way I like to annoy my husband and make him roll his eyes at me is to remind him every month on the 25th, how many more months there are until Christmas.  So, this morning I told him "Four months until Christmas!"  I got the reaction I was looking for :)

I really do it though because I love Christmas!  I love all the preparation that goes into preparing for the special day that we as Christians celebrate as Jesus' birth.  There is definitely something magical about the season to me.  The anticipation of that morning, the yummy smells that come from the kitchen, the lights from the tree that sprinkle the wall with colors, the decorations that make our home look different and therefore special for a month or so.

I've enjoyed the past few years even more now that I have my own kids.  I love having Advent activities for them.  Last year we made an Advent coloring book that included a page to color every day with a Bible verse.  It was fun for them, but I'm looking for something more this year.  Anyone have any good activities?  It's not too early to start thinking about Christmas...only four more months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment