I'm seeing bits of my oldest girl seeking to be domestic. This girl who loves art. This girl who is sugar sweet. This girl who wants her bangs cut, and by that she wants them to be gone, as in no more. This girl who likes to sleep in. This girl who is good at writing, but doesn't care much about reading. This girl who loves one on one time with me. This girl who has taken to swapping out laundry for me. This girl who is almost SIX and is growing up so quickly.
This week she wanted to learn to knit. Actually, she's been wanting to learn for a long time, but this week I took the time to show her. She gets it but it's a slow process. Hand coordination is still developing.
Yesterday she wanted to do the dishes. When I told her that we could put them in the dishwasher, she turned on her whiny voice, and I let her do the dishes by hand. She couldn't have been happier.
She's been spending free time plunking around on the piano. She asked me to teach her. I think she mistakes my plunking around for actual playing. But maybe it's time to begin lessons?
This girl. She is lovely, she is a gift, and I can't wait to see what she will grow up to be.
Love this, and her.
ReplyDelete