Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tall Trees

Every morning before we walk into school, the kids and I pray.  A couple of minutes to focus and get ourselves together before the day officially begins.  Usually, Maria prays and then I do.  None of the other kids ever want to.  Oh well, at least they're a captive audience for our prayers while we sit in the car.

But today, Maria prayed and then Annie decided to.

Maria's prayer is always the same "God, thank your for our food.  Amen."  Even when it's not meal time, this is the prayer.

Annie's prayer this morning: "God, thank you for tall trees with leaves so giraffes can eat them.  I know You're our Savior.  Amen."

I love that her thoughts go so many different directions and fall on something obscure.  And important.

God, thank you for my kids.  And thank you for their sweet innocence and honesty that challenges me to think like they do.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Annie's little prayer brings a tear to eye... So precious and priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete