If you've been in the Mobil on the Run at Big Bend and 44 you may have noticed the huge Bud Light display right when you walk in the store. The display is made up of cases of Bud Light and a life size cardboard cut out of a girl getting a piggy back ride on a shirtless dude. She has a bikini on I assume, although you can really only see her skin.
And if you pay any attention to the Cardinals, you know that when they score 6 runs, win or lose, 20oz. slushies and fountain drinks are only 25 cents at Mobil on the Run. SO, we carefully watch the Cards score each night to see if WE score with cheap drinks. Love it!
However, each time I walk in the store, I'm distracted by this life size couple that seem to want to catch my attention to buy Bud Light. Not to mention the fact that I'm trying to herd 4 littles who couldn't be more excited about getting 'rainbow' slushies and trying to guard their eyes to the back of the store, past the life-size beer pushers.
So, today it wasn't too busy and I asked to talk to the manager. This took a LOT of guts for me - but I'm tired of seeing this 'naked' couple every time I walk in. I don't even want my husband looking at it! I asked the manager if he'd ever considered that this display was very distracting. I reasoned that there are tons of families in and out every day getting their cheap sugar high. He didn't even hesitate and told me to 'consider it gone'. I was actually shocked! I really didn't expect him to do anything, I just wanted my voice to be heard. While we were still there he walked over and picked it up and took it to the back!
I was so thrilled! I wish I would have done it months ago! Score one for a bold mom who wants to protect the littles' eyes as long as possible!
This is so great! Way to be bold for your kids...and community. And good for the manager for doing the right thing.
ReplyDeleteNice job!
ReplyDeleteGood job Adriane. :) When can I come over?
ReplyDeleteyea for you!
ReplyDeletethat's SO awesome. thanks for protecting your family & your community!
ReplyDelete