Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Clean House and a Horse Named "Lydia"

Last Monday morning my heart leapt when I read these words on Facebook: "Adriane Muehleisen is the winner of this week's FREE house cleaning!"  ME???  YES!  After a little happy dance (that lasted most of the day) I scheduled my cleaning for yesterday, July 5.  Perfect.  The day after the Pignic when he hosted 60 people including children.  Just had to get the party stuff put away and 'the maids' did the rest!

By the way, the contest was held by Better Life Maids.  I won simply by 'liking' them on Facebook and then entering the contest as many times as possible!  I loved the way my house smelled when I got home.  And whatever they used to clean my stovetop must contain a miracle chemical...because it looks brand new!  Gotta get me some of whatever that was :)

So, while they were here, Tim and I took the kids to Fairmount Park to watch the horses race.  Little Grandma came along too.  It's a perfect Tuesday afternoon activity.  Race time is at 1:00pm and "every 19 minutes the place goes crazy!"  $1.50 entry fee (kids are free), $1.00 hotdogs, 75 cent sodas, and lots of things to look at.  They have outdoor seating, but also indoor seating in the a/c.  I brought my knitting and got to knit while someone else cleaned my house!!!  What a life :)  The kids like to pick which horse will win, so when a horse named "Dancing Lydia" was up, we all picked her!  How could we not?

"Dancing Lydia" wearing blue #3
Here's what we didn't take into consideration.  We were watching a race.  To win a race, you have to be f.a.s.t.  Pretty obvious, right?  If we had thought about the personality of our favorite Lydia we would have realized that she's pretty laid back.  There is nothing fast about this girl.  Born at 38 weeks with immature lungs.  S.l.o.w. from the time she was in the womb.  She's just not in a hurry to be anywhere or do anything.  The day after the 4th, she slept until 10:30am.  She's loves to sleep! When we're really in a hurry our code word is 'cheetah'.  This puts a little quickness in her step when it really counts.

So, how did this horse named Lydia do?  "Dancing Lydia" came in...last.  She was the slowest horse by quite a few strides.  We should have known better.  Oh well, she looked pretty while running :)

The kids had a blast at the races.

Maria drinking some Fitz's Root Beer leftover from the Pignic :)
Maria squeezing in some nap time
After all was said and done, it was a great day.  Quality family time and a clean house!  Now, how long until my house gets totally messed up again?  I give it one more day.  But, I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We recently watched Secretariat with our kids... we'll have to visit the races ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a must do. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete