Sunday, October 30, 2011

Industrious

Here at the Muehleisen homestead, we are nothing if we aren't industrious.  Tim harvests deer, veggies, rain water, and eggs.  I harvest yarn.  Something I just learned from a tutorial I found on Pinterest.

I had this great sweater that shrunk in the wash.  Possibly because I missed the label that said Hand Wash.  oops!  The yarn is a blend of wool, rayon, nylon, angora rabbit hair and cashmere.  GREAT yarn!  So, yesterday I set to work.

The sweater actually came apart pretty easily.  What I didn't realize was that after about 8 hours of undoing the seams, unraveling the yarn and winding the yarn I still would not be close to finished.  I still have to wash it and dry it and then wind it again.

But, the red/pink sweater that looked like this:
Now looks like this:
I had no idea it took so much yarn to make a sweater!  I wonder how many crowns I can make from this sweater? :)
No one I know uses their Saturday to unravel a sweater...but I just wouldn't be much of Muehleisen if I didn't add to the family value of self-sufficiency!

No comments:

Post a Comment