A few years ago, my husband decided to build a pig cooker. In essence, it's a ginormous bbq grill - big enough to hold a whole hog! We had our first pig roast in '08 over the 4th of July. That started the tradition. In '09 I was huge pregnant over the 4th, so we postponed the pig roast until Labor Day. I'm not prego this summer, so our roast was on the 4th of July again this year. Tim cleverly named it the 'pignic' and proudly wore his apron boasting "Tim's Fine Swine". This has become a favorite time of year for our family. We eat lots of pork, have a keg of root beer and lots of family and friends celebrate with us. (Note: I'm not posting pics of friends or their kids since I don't have their permission.)
Carving the tenderloin - my favorite part!
Notice the pig cooker in the background.
Just a swingin'
Sneaking some MORE root beer!
Lydia and Little Great Gra
I love this pic because it shows the (almost) completed barn addition!
Gra, Maria and Annie
The lightning bugs didn't stand a chance - Ahren WAS going to catch them!
Happy 4th!
it was a fabulous party!! you & tim & your whole family are so gracious- i enjoyed meeting them in between rounds with julia! : ) caroline had fun playing with lydia in the addition- they were super cute together!
ReplyDeleteI wish we could have been there. Glad it went well. You all are the best.
ReplyDelete