Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Movies

Tim and I are not avid movie-goers.  We love to watch movies, but the time and money and effort it takes to go sit for 2 hours and watch a film that probably won't do much to enrich our marriage or family doesn't usually make it on our to-do list.  My kids have never been to see a movie...until today.  We finally took advantage of Wehrenberg's free movie days on Wed. and Thurs. mornings.  Little Great Gra went with me and the 4 kids to watch Planet 51 at Ronnie's Plaza.  We arrived at 9:30am for a 10am viewing and the place was already packed.  We got seats in the 3rd row.  I brought snacks and they were gone before the show even started.  The movie made Ahren sad in some parts (not sure which ones) and Lydia was scared.  I think she was scared more because the sound was SO loud.  Annie spent her time changing seats and Maria didn't make a peep while she sat with Great Gra.  I loved listening to the theatre of little kids laughing. I give the move a C+.  It was mildly enteretaining but the content was above my kids' heads.  Not sure if we'll see another movie soon.  It was a good activity on a hot, humid, supposed-to-rain kind of day, but I think I'll try to preview the movie before I take the kids to see it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment