Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time Away

Time away is something I seldom get.  Time alone is also something I seldom get as I sit here and am being bombarded by a little voice : 'more juice, mommy'!  Be right back...

ok, I'm back, but I apparently poured the wrong juice and there is now a 2-year old temper tantrum occuring in my kitchen.  She'll live :)

Tim got to go away tonight.  And while I'm a little jealous, I'm also really happy for him.  He's been working long, hot days this summer on the addition.  Usually he goes through at least 2 shirts from all the sweat that pours out of him - gross!  He went camping - not really a way too cool off, but he loves to camp.  Plus, he's with the guys and he probably won't even feel the heat.

So, the kids and I will have pizza tonight, listen to 'Aslan' (Chronicles of Narnia on radio theatre), and go to bed.  We will anxiously await daddy's return tomorrow after swimming lessons and maybe I will plan my own time away for a date in the very near future!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I was kind of alarmed that NONE of the moms in our group said they get time alone to do their own thing. Maybe it's because I'm an introvert and acutely aware that I will go postal on my entire family if I don't get time alone to recharge, but I try to get at least an hour or two every week. It's soooo important. If you feel most recharged after a date with your hubby, then make sure you get it!

    ReplyDelete