We went to the rehearsal dinner which was outside at the lake home. The tables were decorated in the colors of the Bolivian flag - red, green and yellow. Daniel grew up in Bolivia where his parents are still missionaries. We were served tacos and all the fixin's which was an appropriate 'south of the border' menu. It was hot that night. Poor Maria is a sweater!!
After dinner we walked to the lake and the kids played on the swings. We went back to the hotel and the kids promptly jumped on the beds before settling down to sleep.
On Sat. we had a light breakfast at the hotel and went to the lakehouse for a swim. A front had moved in and it was only 66 degrees! Too cold for lake swimming. We went back to the hotel and swam at the pool instead. The kids loved it. We had lunch in the hotel room and settled the little ones down for a nap. Then Tim and I and the two older ones went next door to the grandparent's room and watched the World Cup USA game.
The outdoor wedding at the country club was at 5pm and it looked like rain. The night before we were sweating at the rehearsal dinner and at the wedding I borrowed Tim's coat because I had goosebumps. There is some firece wind on that lake, but the rain stayed away.
The bride was stunning and the groom was beaming.
The reception was (thankfully) inside. We were served salad, filet mignon and salmon, boiled potatoes and asparagus. Ahren and Lydia went with us. Annie and Maria were with a sitter that Aunt Mary arranged for us (THANK YOU!). The kids were SO well behaved. I was happy they were there. They were served french fries and chicken strips. At one point, Ahren looked at me and said "Mom, the only thing I can do is love you!" My heart melted!! I love that boy!
Lydia was most interested in cake and dancing.
Such a girl :) By the time the dancing started, it was after 9pm. WAY past their bedtime. We lasted for about 10 minutes and they were done. We picked Annie and Maria up at 10:30 and Annie was still awake! We all fell into bed late and slept well that night.
On Sunday we went to a brunch at the lakehouse and got to visit with Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary for the last time before they leave to go back to Bolivia for a few years. It was a great way to end the weekend.
I grew up going to Lake Geneva! So beautiful!!
ReplyDelete