Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Thoughts about my dad:

He is quiet, a very introverted person.  But, he has a quick wit which surprises people a lot of times.  He's funny with a dry sense of humor.  I love to hear him laugh.  He's a very hard worker.  After he retired 4 years ago from St. Louis County Parks, he took another job.  He loves to garden and read.  He loves football and most especially rugby.  He has been married to my mom for 35 years in August - wow!  He loves his 3 kids and grandkids - #9 is on the way.   I wish I spent more time with him...I wish I would have taken his picture when I was with him yesterday!!

Thoughts about my husband as a dad:

His kids adore him!  When asked what they liked most about their dad, Ahren said he likes to go fishing with him and Lydia likes to go on dates with him.  Annie said she didn't know :)  Tim adores his kids and loves to tickle them and make them laugh.  He is very supportive and makes sure the kids know they need to listen when mom speaks to them.  He is much better at disciplining than me and I've learned a lot from him.  I'm so glad my kids have him for a dad!



Happy Father's Day to my two favorite fathers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment