This year our family went with the Sports Theme. Ahren was a football player, the girls were cheerleaders and Tim and I were coaches. We had 2 back to back days of a lot of fun!
First day was our annual Wagon Train easter-style halloween hunt. This consists of throwing candy in the yard and letting the kids hunt for it with their flashlights. Some of the kids are getting a little big and fast for the hunt, so this year we tried to slow them down. Erin VB put dum dums in a balloon and the big kids (age 4+) had to pop all of the balloons before they could grab any candy on the ground. Meanwhile the little kids got a head start on the easy candy. Great idea, Erin!
| I made the girl's skirts with help from an online pattern and freehanded their shirts. |
| We did pumpkin bowling and almost had pumpkin pie by the time the game was over :) |
| The bowling pins were water bottles with glow sticks. |
Then Lydia's:
Then Ahren's:
| Wrap your buddy as a mummy! |
So, we went back to our neighborhood to do treating. Last year after visiting a neighbor who doesn't celebrate halloween and being slightly embarrassed that I didn't know that about her and knocking on her door anyway, I decided we needed to be giving something to our neighbors and not just taking from them. So, this year after we made applesauce, I bottled up some of the goodness to share with the six neighbors we know the best.
Those were the six houses we went to and that was it! It was a perfect amount and the kids have
No comments:
Post a Comment