Friday, November 4, 2011

Awana Grand Prix

Ahren participated this year, for the first time, in the Awana Grand Prix.  Each kiddo (that wanted to) got a piece of wood that they had to fashion into a working car.  Tim and Ahren spent one Saturday afternoon making the car and Wednesday was the big day.
I didn't get to go because Maria needed to go to bed, but when they got home my boy had a very dejected look on his face.  When I asked him how it went he said his car didn't even make it to the bottom of the track!!  Uh oh!  Tim said he learned a few tricks for next year about how maybe, just possibly, to not make the wheels so tight that they don't turn.  Write that one down, dear! :)


Ahren still had fun, but I don't think black and white car #34 will be making any appearances in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment