Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Weekend

Just have to brag for one short second about how great I feel tonight.  Tim and I went on a date this afternoon and got massages at Massage Luxe in Kirkwood.  It was glorious.  My therapist's name is Matthew - go in and request him!  My tension is gone, my thinking is clear, my kids are happy because they had dinner out with gma and gpa, and I'm praying my sleep will be uninterrupted tonight!

Yesterday was Wee Wildcats.  My favorite morning of the year!  WCA students offer a free morning of babysitting so parents can go Christmas shopping without kids.  I put my kids to bed on Friday evening in comfy clothes so we could just get up and go on Saturday.  It started at 8am and I didn't want to miss one minute!  They had a great time and I got most of my shopping done.  Tim was hosting the WCA wrestling tournament so he was working, but I had a great 4 hours to myself.

My kids are getting excited about Christmas.  They love the lights and love looking for them while we drive.  The season is here and I'm trying to enjoy every minute because I know someday the kids will grow up and not be interested in looking for lights while we drive or reading with me while snuggled up on the couch.

I'm working on some new traditions for the kids.  I would love to hear some Advent ideas - please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment