The afternoon hours are a killer sometimes. I've heard of the hours referred to as witching hour and my personal favorite: arsenic hour (where you're not sure whether to poison the kids or yourself first!). Seriously though, the long afternoon hours where it's dark sooner and colder than you'd prefer are challenging to say the least.
Tonight as I was making dinner (a frozen meal from my meal exchange!) I was holding Maria so she wouldn't scream at me and breaking up fights between Annie and Lydia while trying to answer Ahren's many questions about life. Then during dinner, two plates were dumped off the table...ugh. I was stressed...not my idea of fun.
But now, after a fast dinner (ours take about 12 minutes if we're lucky) all four kids are playing quietly with each other and some by themselves. It's like putting a little food in their bellies is the cure for what ails all of us. It's not like they're starving (have you seen my kids?) but their little minds know that after dinner they get to watch Dora while waiting for daddy to come home and then after that is bedtime. Routine is so nice - we all crave it.
No comments:
Post a Comment