Monday, October 11, 2010

New Dishes

My neighbor is cleaning out her basement.  A house where she grew up and is now hers after her parents are gone.  Her mother loved dishes.  Dishes are not her thing.  Her mother had several sets.  She wants to get rid of them.  Enter me.

I like dishes, but don't have a passion for them persay.  I have 3 daughters, and I do like pretty things. Someday my daughters may like dishes like their grandmother.  My neighbor gave me 12 china place settings...TWELVE!!  I also recieved a coffee pot, creamer, sugar bowl, covered vegetable bowl, 3 regular vegetable bowls, 2 platters, salt and pepper shakers, gravy bowl and probably something else I forgot.    These dishes are old, but not really old.  Probably around 40 years - they are in great condition!  Most were still in the boxes.  They are Johann Haviland Bavaria Germany china, pattern name: Blue Garland. You can still find replacements for them and there are lot of other pieces in the set.  Here are some pictures.













 This is probably my favorite piece.
Out of the boxes, they almost fit in my china cabinet.

Now I just have to wait for the kids to get a little bigger...okay, maybe a lot bigger, before we use them :)

1 comment:

  1. Those dishes are beautiful! There won't be any fighting over those when the girls grow up ;)

    ReplyDelete