The kids were SO excited! I was more nervous than they were, I'm sure of it! Ahren was awake in the middle of the night thinking about playing on the playground and printing on a printer. He was upset that he couldn't get to sleep because he "wanted to get a good start in the morning"! He woke up pretty easily though and was counting the minutes until it was time to leave.
We drove the 5 minutes to school and were greeted with balloons at the entrance, the mascot (a bulldog) and both principals giving out high fives to each of the kids as they came into the school. So welcoming. In the building each faculty/staff member had on matching t-shirts. It may not seem like a big deal to returning families, but as a new mom at the school, this was reassuring to know who worked there and who was another mom/dad dropping their kids off. When we entered Ahren's classroom, there was a note on his desk from a 2nd grader from last year. The note was 3 pages long, front and back, and I didn't have time to read the whole thing! I did gather that he gets to take 2 field trips and some other fun stuff about 2nd grade. Ahren was thrilled to have this note and learn more about the 2nd grade. What a great idea!!
And now for the obligatory first day pictures:
 |
| Is Ahren really tall or is Lydia really short? Maybe both... |
 |
| At her desk |
 |
| With Miss Longergan. Fuzzy photo because there were kids running all around us! |
 |
| Mrs. Wathen |
 |
| At his desk |
 |
| With "Blue" the bulldog statue |
Leaving the school I almost got teary-eyed. Not because I was sad leaving them there (although 7 hours is a long time to be without them!) but because I felt so loved by the Lord for providing the small details of the morning to make me feel comfortable that they were in good hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment